1. Loss of water in soil
2. Loss of minerals in soil
3. Loss of water to the air from the leaves
4. Loss of organic substances because of photorespiration
A mature corn plant absorbs…….. of water in a day while a mustard plant absorbs water equal to its own weight in about……..
1. 5L, 3 hours
2. 3L, 5 hours
3. 5L, 5 hours
4. 3L, 3 hours
Water is often a major limiting factor in
4. Plant Growth and Productivity
Which of the following is the two major components of water potential
1. Solute potential and osmotic pressure
2. Solute potential and pressure potential
3. Osmotic pressure and turgor pressure
4. Osmotic pressure and solute concentration
Water molecules show a motion
(4) All of these
The greater water potential actually does not suggest the
1. Greater concentration of water
2. Greater Kinetic Energy
3. Less solute concentration
4. Lower solute potential
Water movement is observed
1. From high water potential to lower water potential
2. From low solute potential to high solute potential
3. From low pressure potential to high pressure potential
4. From high solute concentration to low solute concentration
1. Down a gradient of solutes
2. Down a gradient of free energy
3. Above a gradient of water
4. Above a gradient of pressure
Water potential is not
1. Denoted by Greek symbol psi
2. Expressed in pressure units such as Pascals (Pa)
3. At standard temperature not under any pressure, is taken zero
4. Always negative or zero
Find the correct one.
1. All the solutions have lower water potential than pure water given that solution is under external pressure.
2. All the solutions have lower water potential than pure water.
3. All the solutions have higher water potential than pure water.
4. All the solutions have lower water potential than pure water unless the solution is under such external pressure which is more than the solute potential.