Find the incorrect one.
1. Plants compete with microbes for it.
2. It is a limiting nutrient for both natural and agricultural ecosystem
3. Nitrogen has triple covalent bonds
4. Nitrogen fixation is conversion of nitrogen into nitrate
In nature, ……….. and ……….. provide enough energy to convert Nitrogen to nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2, N2O).
(1) Lightning, Forest fires
(2) Industrial combustions, UV radiation
(3) Forest fire, Lightning
(4) Lightning, UV radiation
Decomposition of organic nitrogen of dead plants and animals into ammonia is called
(1) Nitrogen Fixation
Which of the type of fixation leads to fixation of atmospheric nitrogen to ammonia?
(1) Biological nitrogen fixation
(2) Industrial nitrogen fixation
(3) Electrical nitrogen fixation
(4) Both A and B
Electrical nitrogen fixation leads to
(1) Formation of Nitrate
(2) Formation of Nitrite
(3) Formation of Ammonia
(4) Formation of Nitrogen
Ammonia is first oxidized to nitrite by the bacteria except
(4) All of these
Nitrite is oxidized to Nitrate by the bacterium
Nitrification does not include
(1) Conversion of ammonia to nitrite
(2) Conversion of nitrite to nitrate
(3) Conversion of nitrogen to ammonia
(4) Both B and C
The nitrifying bacteria are
Denitrification occurs in