Which of the following are symptom of Mn toxicity?
P. Appearance of brown spots surrounded by chlorotic veins
Q. Mn competes with Fe and Mg for uptake
R. Competes with Mg for binding with enzymes
S. Inhibits calcium translocation in shoot apex
T. It causes deficiency of Mg and Ca
U. It causes Chlorosis
V. It causes Necrosis
W. It causes inhibition of cell division
Which of the above are correct?
1. P, Q, R, S, T, U, V,
2. R, S, T, U, V, W
3. P, Q, R, S, T
4. Q, V, W
The movement of ions is usually called
(1) Pressure Flow
Apoplast is not associated with
(1) Passive flux
(3) Uptake of ions into the free space or outer space of cells
(4) Usually has no involvement of ion channels or transmembrane proteins which function as selective pore
Symplast is not associated with
(1) Active flux
(3) Uptake of ions through the cell
(4) Usually has involvement of ion channels or transmembrane proteins which function as selective pore
Xylem sap has minerals is substantiated by
(1) Heavy isotope of mineral element
(2) Isobar of mineral element
(3) Radioisotopes of mineral elements
(4) Protium labelled isotope of mineral elements
The soil is enriched of dissolved ions and inorganic salts because of
Which of the following is not true about soil?
P. Soil not only supplies minerals but also harbours nitrogen fixing bacteria and other microbes
Q. It holds water
R. It supplies air to the roots
S. It acts as a matrix that stabilises the plant
T. It is a source of photosynthate
U. It is positively geotropic without any exception
1. S, T and U
2. T and U
3. S and U
4. R and T
Which of the following micronutrients does not form components of fertiliser?
(1) Cu, Mn
(2) Zn, K
(3) Fe, Cu
(4) Cu, Zn
Which of the following macronutrients does not form components of fertiliser?
Find the incorrect one.
1. Plants compete with microbes for it.
2. It is a limiting nutrient for both natural and agricultural ecosystem
3. Nitrogen has triple covalent bonds
4. Nitrogen fixation is conversion of nitrogen into nitrate