Julius Von Sachs
Which of the following is not related?
1. A prominent German Botanist
2. In 1860, he demonstrated for the first time that plants could be grown to maturity in a defined nutrient solution in complete absence of soil
3. The technique, Hydroponics
4. Categorized the essential and non Essential mineral nutrition.
Hydroponics can be used in
(1) Identification of essential elements
(2) In discovery of deficiency symptoms of essential elements
(3) For commercial production of vegetables
(4) All of these
Hydroponics cannot be used in the commercial production of vegetables such as
(2) Seedless cucumber
Which of the following is the essential requirement of Hydroponics?
(1) Aeration to obtain the optimum growth
(2) Lage vessel
(3) Broader neck
(4) Cotton plugs for funnel adjustment
How many elements are found in plants?
(4) More than 60
Which of the following statements is wrong?
(1) There are techniques that are able to detect the minerals even at a very low concentration i.e. 10 mg/mL
(2) Some plant species accumulate selenium and some others gold
(3) Some plant species nuclear test sites take up radioactive Strontium
(4) The criteria for essentiality of an element completely depends upon the amount of element
Which of the following is not a criteria for the essentiality of an element?
(1) The element must be absolutely necessary for supporting normal growth and reproduction
(2) In the absence of element, the plant is not able to complete their life cycle or set the seeds
(3) The requirement of that element must be specific can be replacable by another element
(4) The element must be directly involved in metabolism
The elements are classified into Macronutrients and Micronutrients based on their
(1) Qualitative properties
(2) Structural properties
(3) Quantitative requirements
(4) Both B and C
Which of the following can be a Macronutrient?
(4) All of these
Which of the following cannot be Macronutrient?