The amount of energy which is produced by one molecule of FADH2 and one molecule of NADH?
(1) 2 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(2) 5 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(3) 3 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(4) 3 ATPs, 2 ATPs
Which of the following gradient is observed in ETS?
Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(1) Glucose is the favoured substrate for respiration
(2) All carbohydrates are usually first converted into glucose before they are used for respiration
(3) Other respiratory substrates are also respired but they do not enter the respiratory pathway at very first step
(4) Fats directly enter the respiratory pathway
Glycerol and Fatty acids are the result of breaking down of Fats:
(1) Fatty acids enter at the step of formation of BPGA
(2) Fatty acids enter as acetyl CoA
(3) Fatty acids enter as PGAL
(4) Fatty acids enter as Pyruvate
The individual amino acid enter the respiratory pathway at
(1) Within Krebs’ cycle
(2) As Pyruvate or Acetyl CoA
(3) As PGAL
(4) Both A and B
(1) Some Ratio
(2) Some amount of oxygen
(3) Some amount of carbon dioxide
(4) Cannot be one
Respiratory Quotient is
(1) Volume of Carbon-dioxide evolved
(2) Ratio of volume of oxygen consumed to volume of Carbon-dioxide evolved
(3) Ratio of volume of Carbon-dioxide evolved to the volume of oxygen consumed
(4) Ratio of volume of oxygen evolved to volume of Carbon-dioxide consumed
The value of respiratory Quotient actually depends upon
(1) The type of respiratory substrate used
(2) The place in which respiration is occurring
(3) The amount of ventilation
(4) Breathing surface
For the substrate Glucose, how many Oxygen are used and how many Carbon-dioxide are evolved?
Which of the following is wrong?
(1) A fatty acid
(2) C51 H98 O6
(3) C48 H96 O5
(4) Both A and C