Which of the following complex has got one Domain present in matrix and other domain in the inner membrane?
(1) Complex I
(2) Complex II
(3) Complex III
(4) Complex V
Why does oxygen is important for complete oxidation of Glucose?
(1) Because it is limited to the terminal stage of the process
(2) Because it drives the whole process by removing hydrogens from the system
(3) It acts as the final hydrogen acceptor not the Electron acceptor
(4) Both B and C
Why do we call it oxidative Phosphorylation?
(1) Because of the presence of oxygen
(2) Because here proton gradient is maintained by the energy of oxidation and reduction
(3) Because of the presence of ADP and oxygen
(4) Because of the presence of Phosphorylation derived by oxygen
The amount of energy which is produced by one molecule of FADH2 and one molecule of NADH?
(1) 2 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(2) 5 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(3) 3 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(4) 3 ATPs, 2 ATPs
Which of the following gradient is observed in ETS?
Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(1) Glucose is the favoured substrate for respiration
(2) All carbohydrates are usually first converted into glucose before they are used for respiration
(3) Other respiratory substrates are also respired but they do not enter the respiratory pathway at very first step
(4) Fats directly enter the respiratory pathway
Glycerol and Fatty acids are the result of breaking down of Fats:
(1) Fatty acids enter at the step of formation of BPGA
(2) Fatty acids enter as acetyl CoA
(3) Fatty acids enter as PGAL
(4) Fatty acids enter as Pyruvate
The individual amino acid enter the respiratory pathway at
(1) Within Krebs’ cycle
(2) As Pyruvate or Acetyl CoA
(3) As PGAL
(4) Both A and B
(1) Some Ratio
(2) Some amount of oxygen
(3) Some amount of carbon dioxide
(4) Cannot be one
Respiratory Quotient is
(1) Volume of Carbon-dioxide evolved
(2) Ratio of volume of oxygen consumed to volume of Carbon-dioxide evolved
(3) Ratio of volume of Carbon-dioxide evolved to the volume of oxygen consumed
(4) Ratio of volume of oxygen evolved to volume of Carbon-dioxide consumed