Which of the following complex has got one Domain present in matrix and other domain in the inner membrane?
(1) Complex I
(2) Complex II
(3) Complex III
(4) Complex V
During ETC and Oxidative Phosphorylation, the number of ATP molecules produced depend on
(1) The nature of complex involved
(2) The nature of Electron donor
(3) The maximum electrons one reducing equivalents can give
(4) The speed of oxidation
Why does oxygen is important for complete oxidation of Glucose?
(1) Because it is limited to the terminal stage of the process
(2) Because it drives the whole process by removing hydrogens from the system
(3) It acts as the final hydrogen acceptor not the Electron acceptor
(4) Both B and C
Why do we call it oxidative Phosphorylation?
(1) Because of the presence of oxygen
(2) Because here proton gradient is maintained by the energy of oxidation and reduction
(3) Because of the presence of ADP and oxygen
(4) Because of the presence of Phosphorylation derived by oxygen
The amount of energy which is produced by one molecule of FADH2 and one molecule of NADH?
(1) 2 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(2) 5 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(3) 3 ATPs, 3 ATPs
(4) 3 ATPs, 2 ATPs
ATP synthase is
What is not true?
(1) Complex V
(2) Made up of two major components F0 and F1
(3) F1 headpiece is a peripheral membrane protein complex and has catalytic site
(4) F0 is an integral membrane protein complex that forms the channel through which protons move from matrix to inter membrane space
Which of the following gradient is observed in ETS?
Which of the following is not the assumption considered to finalize the balance sheet of respiration?
(1) There is sequential, orderly pathway functioning with one substrate forming the next and with glycolysis following TCA and Then ETS pathway
(2) The NADH synthesized in Glucolysis is transferred into the mitochondria and undergoes Oxidative Phosphorylation
(3) No anabolism from respiratory intermediates.
(4) Glucose, Proteins and Fats are being respired altogether.
During Aerobic respiration, one molecule of Glucose gives
(1) A net gain of 38 ATPs
(2) Production of 38 ATPs
(3) Production of 32 ATPs
(4) Production of 36 ATPs
Which of the following is true?
(1) Only partial breakdown of glucose
(2) Net gain of only two molecules of ATP for each molecule of Glucose
(3) NADH is oxidized to NAD+ rather slowly in fermentation
(4) All of these