(1) Breaking of a type of bonds like ionic or non ionic of complex compounds through oxidation within the cell by utilizing bulk of energy
(2) Breaking of C-C bonds of simple molecules through hydrolysis within the cell by releasing energy
(3) Breaking of C-C bonds of complex molecules through oxidation within the cell to release considerable amount of energy
(4) Breaking of C-C bonds of complex molecules through hydrolysis within the cell by releasing energy
Respiratory substrate are the compounds
(1) Which get oxidized during Respiration
(2) Which get hydrolysed during Respiration
(3) Which get reduced during Respiration
(4) Which catalyze the process of Respiration
Which of the following act as a respiratory substrate under certain conditions in some plants?
Which of the following act as respiratory substrate under certain conditions in the plant?
(2) Organic Acid
(4) All of these
The energy in Respiration is
(1) Released in a single step
(2) Released in multiple step processes and is trapped in the form of ADP
(3) Released in step wise reactions controlled by ribozymes
(4) Released in step wise reactions controlled by enzymes and is trapped as ATP
Carbon skeletons produced during respiration is
(1) Used as energy source
(2) Used as precursors for biosynthesis of other molecules in the cell
(3) Used for synthesis of ATP by ATP synthase
(4) Used as remanant of biosynthesis of proteins
The plants do not breathe can be justified except
(1) Plants do not have sophisticated organs for gaseous exchange
(2) Each plant part takes care of it's own gas-exchange needs
(3) There is huge transport of gases from one plant part to another
(4) Roots, stems and leaves respired at rates far lower than animals do.
All the living organisms do have
(4) Oxidative Phosphorylation
Which of the following is not correct regarding Glycolysis?
(1) The word has originated from Greek word-Glycos
(2) The scheme for glycolysis was given by Gustav Embden, Otto Meyerhof, J Parnas.
(3) It is also called as EMP pathway
(4) In all organisms, it is the only process of Respiration
Find the odd statement w.r.t plant respiration.
(1) Glucose is derived from the end result of photosynthesis i.e. sucrose
(2) Invertase acts on sucrose to release out glucose and fructose
(3) Glucose and sucrose are Phosphorylated in the presence of Hexokinase
(4) The steps of glycolysis from third step onwards, are same for glucose and fructose