Which of the following is not isostructural with SiCl4?
In which of the following species the central atom has the type of hybridisation which is not the same as that present in the other three ?
Which of the following has bonding?
In BrF3 molecule, the lone pairs occupy equatorial positions to minimize:
1. Lone pair-bond pair repulsion.
2. Bond pair-bond pair repulsion.
3. Lone pair-lone pair repulsion and lone pair-bond pair repulsion.
4. Lone pair-lone pair repulsion.
In which one of the following molecules, the central atom said to adopt sp2 hybridisation ?
According to molecular orbital theory which of the following lists rank the nitrogen species in terms of increasing bond order ?
Among the following molecules/ions BF3, NO2-, NH2- , and H2O, the central atom is sp2 hybridized in :
1. NO2- and NH2-
2. NH2- and H2O
3. NO2- and H2O
4. BF3 and NO2-
Which one of the following is planar ?
In ion, the formal charge on each oxygen atom and P-O bond order respectively are :
1. -0.75, 0.6
2. -0.75, 1.0
3. -0.75, 1.25
4. -3.1, 1.25
The dielectric constant of H2O is 80. The electrostatic force of attraction between Na+ and Cl- will be
1. reduced to in water than in air
2. reduced to in water than in air
3. will be increased to 80 in water than in air
4. will remain unchanged