The cross-bridge formation actually involves
1. ATP hydrolysis
2. Binding of Myosin head to the exposed active sites for myosin
3. Both A and B
4. None of these
During contraction of muscle fibers which of the following does not happen?
1. The length of the A band gets reduced
2. The attached actin Filaments are pulled towards the centre of A band
3. The Z line attached to actin Filaments is pulled inward
4. Shortening of sarcomere
Which of the following step during sliding Filament Theory is the last step before a relaxing state?
1. ATP utilization
2. Release of ADP and inorganic phosphate
3. Cross bridge formation
4. Binding of calcium with troponin
Which of the following statements is incorrect?
1. A new ATP binds and cross-bridge is broken with the next cycle of contraction
2. The process of contraction continues till the calcium ions are pumped back to the sarcoplasmic cisternae and resulting in the unmasking of actin Filaments
3. The reaction time of the fibres can vary in different muscles
4. Both 1 and 3
Repeated activation of the muscles can lead to
1. Accumulation of pyruvate due to anaerobic breakdown of glycogen
2. Accumulation of lactic acid due to anaerobic breakdown of glycogen
4. Both 2 and 3
Which of the following property cannot be attributed to white fibers?
1. Fewer mitochondria
2. Anaerobic process for energy
3. Sarcoplasmic reticulum is high
4. More quantity of myoglobin
Which of the following is wrong with respect to Human skeleton?
(1) Humans- 206 bones
(2) Axial skeleton- 80 bones
(3) Skull-24 bones
(4) Ear ossicles- 6
The human skull does not include which of the following bones?
(1) Ethmoid bone
(2) Sphenoid bone
(3) Lacrimal bone
(4) Scapular bone
Axial skeleton does not include
(2) Vertebral Coulmn
(4) Radial bones
Which of the following is not a cranial bone in human?
(1) Temporal bone
(2) Occipital bone
(3) Parietal bone
(4) Zygomatic bone