In order to increase the production of aquatic plants and animals which of the following cultures are used?
3. Both 1 and 2
The green revolution was dependent to a large extent for the development of high yielding and disease-resistant varieties on which of the following options?
1. Plant breeding
2. Better management practices
3. Increase in acreage
4. Both 2 and 3
Which of the following timeline is correct for conventional plant breeding?
1. Practiced for thousands of years, since the beginning of human civilization
2. The evidence of plant breeding dates back 9000-11000 years ago
3. The present-day crops are the result of domestication in ancient times
4. All of these
The list of traits that breeders have tried to incorporate into crop plants will have the number one priority to
1. Increased tolerance to environmental stresses
2. Resistance to pathogens
3. Tolerance to insect pests
4. Increased crop yield and improved quality
What is the root of any breeding program?
1. Genetic variability
2. Gametic sustainability
3. Germplasm durability
4. Meiotic Anaphase
Which of the following is the tedious task?
1. Collection of variability
2. Cross hybridization
3. Evaluation of parents
4. Selection of parents
Creation of pure line has to be done in plant breeding at which step
1. After collection of germplasm
2. After evaluation of parents
3. After selection of parents
4. After cross hybridization
After the selection process of desired progeny in the plant breeding program, the process of self-pollination is carried out to
1. Reach a state of uniformity
2. Avoid the segregation of characters in the progeny
3. Both 1 and 2
4. Selection of superior progenies
In-plant breeding, the evaluation in research fields is followed by
1. Testing the materials in the research field for three growing seasons
2. Testing the materials in the farmer's field for at least two growing seasons
3. Testing the materials in the farmer's field for at least three growing seasons
4. Testing the materials in advanced research fields for at least two growing seasons
According to data given in text book, agriculture in India is responsible for …..India's GDP and employs nearly……. of the population.
1. 33% 65%
2. 33%, 62%