Which of the following options best define the quality of meat yielding bulls for MOET?
(1) Fatty meat with less lipid
(2) Lean meat with more lipid
(3) Lean meat with less lipid
(4) Fatty meat with more lipid
Which of the following is not correct for Apiculture?
2. Maintenance of the hives for the production of honey
3. An age-old cottage industry
4. An industry that has not yet established for a reliable income source
The most common species of the honeybee is
1. Apis indica
2. Apis dramica
3. Apis schinaca
4. Apis Indiana
Which of the following is not pollinated by bees?
Keeping beehives in crop fields during the flowering period will cause
1. Increase of crop yield
2. Increase of honey yield
3. Increase of crop yield and decrease of honey yield
4. Both 1 and 2
The fishery industry is devoted to
1. Catching of fishes
2. Processing of fishes
3. Selling of fishes
4. All of these
In order to increase the production of aquatic plants and animals which of the following cultures are used?
3. Both 1 and 2
The green revolution was dependent to a large extent for the development of high yielding and disease-resistant varieties on which of the following options?
1. Plant breeding
2. Better management practices
3. Increase in acreage
4. Both 2 and 3
Which of the following timeline is correct for conventional plant breeding?
1. Practiced for thousands of years, since the beginning of human civilization
2. The evidence of plant breeding dates back 9000-11000 years ago
3. The present-day crops are the result of domestication in ancient times
4. All of these
The list of traits that breeders have tried to incorporate into crop plants will have the number one priority to
1. Increased tolerance to environmental stresses
2. Resistance to pathogens
3. Tolerance to insect pests
4. Increased crop yield and improved quality