Assertion : Starch is hydrolysed by ptyalin to maltose.
Reason : Sucrose hydrolyses sucrose to lactose.
Assertion : Cold blooded animals have no fat layer.
Reason : Cold blooded animals use their fat for metabolic process during hibernation.
Assertion : In alcoholic drink, the alcohol is converted into glucose in the liver.
Reason : Liver cells are able to produce glucose from alcohol by back fermentation.
Assertion : The main part of carbohydrate digestion takes place in small intestine.
Reason : Here pancreatic amylase converts carbohydrates into lactose.
Assertion : Scurvy is caused by deficiency of vitamin.
Reason : Deficiency of ascorbic acid causes scurvy.
What does food provide?
b. Organic material
d. More than one option is correct
Which of the following is required in small quantities?
(3) amino acids
(4) Fatty acids
Which of the following plays an important role in all metabolic processes not being a major substrate?
(2) Amino acids
Which of the following statements are not wrong?
(1) Biomicromolecules in food cannot be utilized by our body in their original form.
(2) Vitamins are one of the major components of our body.
(3) The process of conversion of simple food substances to absorbable forms is known as digestion.
(4) Digestion is carried by mechanical and biochemical methods of digestive system.
Which of the following is not a part of human digestive system?
(1) Alimentary canal
(2) All glands
(3) Compound stomach
(4) More than one option is correct