Assertion : Aerobic animals are not truely aerobic.
Reason : They produce lactic acid anaerobically.
Assertion : Carbohydrates are more suitable for the production of energy in the body than proteins and fats.
Reason : Carbohydrates can be stored in the tissues as glycogen for use in the production of energy, whenever necessary.
Assertion : The mode of nutrition in higher animals is heterotrophic.
Reason : Animals can use different trophic levels for heterotrophic nutrition.
Which of the following is true about respiration
(1)it is for energy liberation
(2)it can occur both O2 presence and its absence
(3)In humans R.B.C show anaerobic respiration
(4)All of these
The energy which is required for life processes is obtained by
A. Hydrolysis of Macromolecules
B. Hydrolysis of food
C. Oxidation of Macromolecules
D. Carboxylation of Macromolecules
Which of the following is not true?
(1) All the energy required for life processes is obtained by oxidation of some macromolecules that we call food
(2) Only green plants and cyanobacteria can prepare their own food
(3) The result of the photosynthesis is such that the light energy is trapped in the form of mechanical energy
(4) Not all the cells, tissues and organs photosynthesise in green plants
The following statements are true except
(1) All the food that is respired for the life processes comes from photosynthesise
(2) Carnivores depend indirectly on plants for their food
(3) Saprophytes depend on dead and decaying matter
(4) Respiration is a metabolic process occurs intercellular spaces
(1) Breaking of a type of bonds like ionic or non ionic of complex compounds through oxidation within the cell by utilizing bulk of energy
(2) Breaking of C-C bonds of simple molecules through hydrolysis within the cell by releasing energy
(3) Breaking of C-C bonds of complex molecules through oxidation within the cell to release considerable amount of energy
(4) Breaking of C-C bonds of complex molecules through hydrolysis within the cell by releasing energy
Respiratory substrate are the compounds
(1) Which get oxidized during Respiration
(2) Which get hydrolysed during Respiration
(3) Which get reduced during Respiration
(4) Which catalyze the process of Respiration
Which of the following act as a respiratory substrate under certain conditions in the plant-animal?