Which among the following statements are incorrect about cockroach?
(1) Haemocytes lack respiratory pigment.
(2) Has 13 chambered heart on the ventral side of the body.
(3) Blood from sinuses enter heart through ostia.
(4) Has 10 pairs of spiracles present on lateral side of body.
Which among the following is incorrect regarding the vision of cockroach?
(1) Compound eyes are located at dorsal surface of head.
(2) They have nocturnal type of vision.
(3) Each eye consists of 3000 ommatidia.
(4) Their vision is known as mosaic vision with more sensitivity but less resolution.
Malpighian tubules of cockroach are lined by which of the following cells ?
(1) Epithelial cells
(2) Ciliated cells
(3) Ciliated and glandular cells
(4) Epithelial and glandular cells
In the following diagram, A, B, C, D and E respectively are:
(1) Salivary ducts, crop, gizzard, malpighian tubules, ileum
(2) Salivary reservoir, gizzard, hepatic caeca, malpighian tubules, ileum
(3) Salivary reservoir, gizzard, ileum, malpighian tubules, hepatic caeca
(4) Salivary duct, midgut, hepatic caeca, malpighian tubules, ileum
Complete the following sentence by choosing the appropriate option:
Digestive juice in cockroach is secreted by a ring of blind tubules which are ______ in number.
Which among the following statements are incorrect with respect to cockroach ?
(1) It has mosaic vision with high sensitivity and less resolution.
(2) Salivary reservoir has eight highly chitinous plates called as teeth.
(3) Tracheoles carry oxygen from air to all other body parts.
(4) Blood is devoid of respiratory pigment.
Yellow coloured thin filamentous rings present at the junction of midgut and hindgut which help in excretion are how many in number ?
All the statements with respect to cockroach are correct except :
(1) Three ganglia lie in thorax and six ganglia lie in the abdomen.
(2) Hindgut is broader than midgut.
(3) Exchange of gases takes place at tracheoles of diffusion.
(4) Phallomeres are chitinous symmetrical structures surrounding the male gonopore.
Find the mismatched pair :
(1) Anal style- sexual dimorphism
(2) Spermatheca- accessory reproductive gland
(3) Malpighian tubules- removal of nitrogenous waste
(4) Supra-oesophageal ganglion- supply nerves to antennae and compound eye
Which among the following are incorrect with respect to connective tissue ?
(1) Tendon is dense regular connective tissue.
(2) Bones are rich in collagen fibres.
(3) The intercellular material of cartilage is solid and pliable matrix that resists compression.
(4) Platelets and RBCs are devoid of nucleus.