Which of the following statements is false?
(1) The breakdown of most of biomacromolecules occurs in duodenum
(2) Simple substances (digested foods) are absorbed in the jejunum and ileum
(3) Very significant digestive activity occurs in large intestine
(4) Undigested and unabsorbed substances are passed on to the large intestine
(3) No significant digestive activity occurs in the large intestine. The functions of large intestine are:
(i) absorption of some water, minerals and certain drugs.
(ii) secretion of mucus which helps in adhering the waste/undigested particles together and lubricating it for an easy passage. (page-264)