Which among the following statement is incorrect with respect to tapetum?
(1) It nourishes developing pollen grains.
(2) It has dense cytoplasm.
(3) It is the innermost wall layer of microsporangia.
(4) Cells have single nucleus only.
How tapetal cells become binucleate?
Which among the following is incorrect with respect to microsporogenesis?
(1) The cells of the sporogenous tissue undergo mitotic divisions to form microspore tetrads.
(2) Each cell of the sporogenous tissue is capable of giving rise to a microspore tetrad. Each one is a potential pollen or microspore mother cell (PMC).
(3) The microspores are arranged in a cluster of four cells called as the microspore tetrad.
(4) Inside each microsporangium several thousands of microspores or pollen grains are formed that are released with the dehiscence of anther.
The inner wall of pollen grains is made up of
(2) Cellulose and pectin
(4) Cellulose only
The pollen grains are shed at two-celled stage in
(1) 80% angiosperms
(2) 40% angiosperms
(3) 30% angiosperms
(4) 60% angiosperms
Which among the following is referred to as male gametophyte?
(3) Pollen grain
Which among the following is incorrect with respect to vegetative cell of pollen grain?
(1) It has irregularly shaped nucleus.
(2) It has abundant food reserve.
(3) It is spindle shaped with dense cytoplasm.
(4) It is bigger as compared to generative cell.
A, B, C and D in the following diagram respectively are:
(1) Epidermis, endothecium, middle layers, tapetum
(2) Epidermis, middle layers, PMC, tapetum
(3) Endothecium, middle layers, microspore mother cells, tapetum
(4) Epidermis, middle layers, tapetum, PMC
Match the following:
|1||Male gametophyte||I||Embryo sac|
(1) 1-III ; 2-I ; 3-II ; 4-IV
(2) 1-I ; 2-II ; 3-III ; 4-IV
(3) 1-IV ; 2-III ; 3-II ; 4-I
(4) 1-III ; 2-II ; 3-I ; 4-IV
The following figure represents :
(1) Transverse section of young anther
(2) 3-D cut section of mature anther
(3) Cut section of filament
(4) Transverse section of mature filament