Select the-correct sequence from the following:
(1) Gametogenesis → Syngamy → Zygote → Embryogenesis
(2) Gametogenesis → Syngamy → Embryogenesis → Zygote
(3) Zygote → Embryogenesis → Gametogenesis
(4) Syngamy → Gametogenesis → Zygote → Embryogenesis
Select the correct sequence from the following:
I. Juvenile phase → Senescent phase → Reproductive phase
II. Juvenile phase → Reproductive phase → Senescent phase
III. Reproductive phase → Juvenile phase → Senescent phase
IV. Vegetative phase → Reproductive phase → Senescent phase
(1) I and II
(2) I and IV
(3) III and IV
(4) II and IV
I. Bamboo species flower only once in their life time, generally after 50 -100 years, produce large number of fruits and die
II. In animals the juvenile phase is followed by physiological changes prior to active reproductive behaviour.
III. The reproductive phase is of same duration in all organisms.
IV. Juvenile phase is the period of growth between the birth of an individual till it reaches reproductive maturity.
V. In plants juvenile phase is also called vegetative phase.
Which of the following statements is false?
Many mammals, especially in natural, wild conditions are:
(1) Continuous breeders
(2) Seasonal breeders
(3) Both continuous and seasonal breeders
(4) Very much disease sensitive
Which of the following regulates the reproductive processes and the associated behavioural expressions of organisms?
(2) Environmental factors
(3) Abiotic components
(4) Interaction between hormones and environmental factors
Identify gametes (A, B and C) respectively:
(1) Heterogametes, isogametes, Homogametes
(2) Isogametes, homogametes, heterogametes
(3) Homogametes, isogametes, heterogametes
(4) Homo / Isogametes, heterogametes, heterogametes
(1) Does not take place in organisms showing asexual reproduction only
(2) Takes place in some sexually reproducing haploid organism
(3) Takes place in sexually reproducing diploid organism
(4) All of the above are correct
Reptiles and birds are:
(4) Viviparous and oviparous respectively
Concept Questions :-
Find out the incorrect statement(s):
(1) The chances of survival of young ones are greater in viviparous animals than in oviparous animals
(2) In Datura, tomato, etc. sepals remain attached even after fertilization
(3) Asexual reproduction is better than sexual reproduction
(4) All of these