Which of the following statements is false?
(1) Asexual reproduction is simpler than sexual reproduction
(2) Asexual reproduction occurs by fission, budding and fragmentation
(3) In most of the animals both asexual and sexual modes of reproduction are found
(4) Vegetative and sexual modes of reproduction are exhibited by the higher plants
(3) is incorrect. In most animals sexual reproduction is the only method of reproduction while in simpler animals like sponges and cnidarians asexual reproduction is employed. Page no.7