In some seeds, reminants of nucellus are also presistent. This residual, persistent nucellus is the
Which among the following is attached to the proximal end of filament?
(4) Pollen sac
A typical angiosperm bilobed and dithecous anther consists of how many theca?
What is the number of microsporangia in each lobe of an angiosperm anther?
Which among the following extend longitudinally to become pollen sac?
(2) Filament of anther
Which among the following is not a feature of anther?
Which among the following is not a wall layer of microsporangium?
(4) Middle layers
All of the following statements are correct except:
(1) The proximal end of the filament is attached to the thalamus or the petal of the flower.
(2) The anther is a four-sided structure consisting of four microsporangia, two in each lobe.
(3) The number and length of stamens are variable in flowers of different species.
(4) In a longitudinal section, a typical microsporangium appears near circular in outline.
Which among the following statement is incorrect with respect to tapetum?
(1) It nourishes developing pollen grains.
(2) It has dense cytoplasm.
(3) It is the innermost wall layer of microsporangia.
(4) Cells have single nucleus only.
How tapetal cells become binucleate?