These organisms are fungus like in one phase of their life cycle and Amoeba like in another phase of their life cycle
(2) slime molds
(4) water molds
In which of the following patterns of viral replication, viruses enter a cell, replicate and then cause the cell to burst, releasing new viruses?
(4) Both (1) and (2)
The role of contractile vacuole in protista is
1. The biological classification was attempted instinctively
a. to make scientific studies easy
b. to use organisms for our own use
c. to make better understanding of the research running in all over the world
d. to make connection between living and non-living
The first attempt for Biological classification was because of the need to use organisms for our own use. Here which kind of uses are considered?
(1) Food and shelter
(2) Food and Hunting
(3) Food, shelter and clothing
(4) Except clothing all are correct
First time the scientific basis for classification was attempted by -
(3) Van Neil
Which of the following statement is not incorrect with respect to biological classification attempted by Aristotle?
(1) Based on complex morphological characters
(2) Plants were classified into trees, shrubs and herbs
(3) Animals were classified on the basis of nutrition
(4) Phylogeny was also considered
The presence of RBC to classify animals was used as a unique criterion by
(3) Van Neil
Which of the following statement is wrong with respect to two Kingdom classification?
(1) Developed at the time of Linnaeus
(2) Used till very recently
(3) Could distinguish between photosynthetic and non-photosynthetic
(4) Easy to do and easy to understand
Which of the following was not the limitation of two Kingdom classification?
(1) Could not distinguish between eukaryotes and prokaryotes
(2) Couldn't distinguish between unicellular and multicellular
(3) Large number of organisms remained unclassified
(4) Very difficult to classify and understand