Identify the type of root given in the figure, from the given options.
(1) A–Fusiform, radish; B–Napiform, turmeric; C–Tuberous, sweet potato
(2) A–Conical, turnip; B–Nodulated, sweet potato; C–Tuberous, Curcuma amada
(3) A–Conical, carrot; B–Tuberous, sweet potato; C–Fasciculated, Dahlia
(4) A–Napiform, carrot; B–Nodulated, Tamarind; C–Tuberous, turmeric
Inflorescence of which one of the following sets completely develop into composite fruits?
(1) Spike, corymb, hypanthodium
(2) Spike, female catkin, hypanthodium
(3) Umbel, catkin, spadix
(4) Female catkin, corymb, spike
The small projections present on the surface of pineapple fruit represent
(a) persistent styles
(b) persistent stamens
(c) persistent calyx
(d) persistent bracts
Which one of the following organisms is correctly matched with its three characterstics?
(1) Pea- C3 -pathway, endospermic seed, vexillary aestivation
(2) Tomato- twisted aestivation, axile placentation, berry
(3) Onion- Bulb, imbricate aestivation, axile placentation
(4) Maize- C3 -pathway, closed vascular bundle, scutellum
'Cladode' is a characteristic morphological feature of
(1) Asparagus and Ruscus
(2) Casuarina and Opuntia
(3) Cladophora and Cactus
(4) Citrus and Euphorbia
Which one contain most reduced form of stem?
Which one is a source of commercially important product Syzygium aromaticum?
(1) Flower bud
(2) Axillary bud
Pappus helps in dispersal of pollen in
Flower of Liliaceae is
A fruit developed from a condensed inflorescence is
(1) simple fruit
(2) aggregate fruit
(3) composite fruit