Read the following statements reagrding bryophytes and choose the incorrect option.
(1) Gametophytic phase is dominant in life cycle
(2) Fertilisation takes place in presence of water
(3) Zygote undergoes meiosis to produce sporophyte
(4) Sporophyte isphysiologically dependent on gametophyte
Artificial taxonomy is connected with the
(1) use of habit and habitat of organisms
(2) based on the presence or absence of chemicals in cells or tissues
(3) based on morphological traits
(4) based on evolutionary history of a species
Fertilisation is internal is Spirogyra. Where would you get zygospores, if 3 filaments are conjugating by scalariform conjugation?
(1) Lateral filaments
(2) Central filaments
(3) Central filament and both lateral filaments
(4) Either central or lateral filament
(1) ovlule and microsporangia are present in same sporophyll
(2) micro and megasporophyllus are present in same cone
(3) male cone and megasporophylls are borne on the same plant
(4) male cone and megasporophylls are borne on separate individual plants
Gelatin, an important raw material for preparation of photographic emulsion is a by product of
Cycas is classified as a gymnosperms due to its
(1) motile sperms
(2) fruit formation
(3) naked ovule
(4) pycnoxylic wood
Elater mechanism for seed dispersal is exhibited by
Who proposed a five-kingdom classification and named kingdoms as Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae and Animalia?
(1) Herbert Copeland
(2) RH Whittaker
(3) Carl Woese
(4) Carolus Linnaeus
What type of sorus is present in Nephrolepis?
(4) None of these