Identify the incorrect statement about ABA growth regulator.
(1) It increases the tolerance of plants against different stresses.
(2) It acts as general plant growth inhibitor and inhibitor of metabolism.
(3) It helps in seed maturation and dormancy.
(4) It promotes morphogenesis and differentiation of shoots.
Which of the following plant growth hormone increase the yield of sugar by increasing the length of stem in sugarcane?
(3) Gibberellic acid
In the process of apical dominance, lateral buds are unable to grow in the presence of apical bud. This is due to:-
(1) less amount of cytokinins in lateral buds
(2) more amount of cytokinins in lateral buds
(3) less amount of auxin in lateral buds
(4) more amount of auxin in lateral buds
Refrigerated fruits maintain flavour and taste for longer period due to:-
(1) non-availability of O2
(2) the presence of excess of CO2
(3) the presence of excess humidity
(4) slower rate of respiration
The biological clock measures the length at each night by the?
(1) relative amount of red absorbing and far-red absorbing phytochrome present at dawn
(2) amount of far-red absorbing phytochrome at dusk
(3) relative amount of red absorbing and far-red absorbing phytochrome at mid day
(4) rate at which are kind of phytochrome is converted to the other
A physiological response of plants to the duration of light and darkness is a:-
(1) daily phase cycle
(2) circadian rhythms
(3) biological clock
ABA is involved in?
(1) shoot elongation
(2) increased cell division
(3) dormancy of seed
(4) root elongation
Hypothetical plant hormones are:-
(3) florigen and vernalin
The application of synthetic plant hormone like IAA, IBA and NAA are best described as:-
(1) prevent early fruit fall before harvesting and is used to produce parthenocarpic fruit
(2) prevent early fruit fall only
(3) to produce both seed less fruits and fruits with seeds
(4) to produce larger fruit
Organogenesis or morphogenesis in tissue culture is controlled/regulated by phytohormones the credit of this important discovery goes to
(1) Skoog and Miller (1957)
(2) Guha and Maheswari (1964)
(3) Calvin and Benson (1894)
(4) Halperin and Wetherall (1964)