Which of the following statements is correct regarding menstrual cycle?
(1) LH induces rupturing of Graafian follicle.
(2) Proliferative phase is characterised by the increased production of progesterone.
(3) Corpus luteum secretes large amount of estrogen.
(4) Both LH and FSH attain a peak level in secretory phase.
Refer to the given figure and choose the correct option regarding its parts labelled as A-F.
(a) B-Graafian follicle, F-Corpus luteum
(b) C-Graafian follicle, A-Ovum
(c) B-Primary follicle, C-Tertiary follicle showing antrum
(d) E-Corpus callosum, D-Antrum cavity
During pregnancy, which of the following is secreted through the urine of mother ?
(2) Luteinising hormone
(4) Human chorionic gonadotropic hormone
The fluid which is rich in calcium fibrinolysin and acid phosphatase and contributes about 30% of the total volume of semen, is released by
(1) Cowper's glands
(2) prostate gland
(3) seminal vesicles
Correct hormonal sequence in the case of menstruation as
(1) oestrogen, FSH, progesterone
(2) Oestrogen, progesterone, FSH
(3) FSH, progesterone, oestrogen
(4) FSH, oestrogen, progesterone
Atretic follicles are found in the
(1) fallopian tubes
(3) labia majora
Which of the following induces parturition?
Among the following stem cells, which are found in the umblical cord?
(1) Embryonic stem cells
(2) Adult stem cells
(3) Cord blood stem cells
(4) All of the above
Which of the following hormones is secreted by implanted blastocyst, that acts on the corpus luteum in the ovary, stimulating the body to produce estrogens and progesterone to maintain the uterine lining?
From which of the embryological germ layers is the epithelial tissue derived
(1) I & II are correct
(2) I & III are correct
(3) II & III are correct
(4) I & II & III are correct