Plants do not get benefit from
(1) N2 in air
(2) O2 in air
(3) CO2 in air
(4) O3 in air.
Which of the following set of elements are essential for the photosynthesis to occurs
(1) Cu, Co, Fe
(2) Cu, Mo, Zn
(3) Mg, Co, Mn
(4) Mg, Fe, Mn, Cu, Cl, P
Which enzyme complex is responsible for the reduction of molecular nitrogen to the level of NH3 in
root module of legume?
(3) Nitrate reductase
(4) Nitrite reductase
Leghaemoglobin is produced in response to
3. fatty acid synthesis
4. N2 fixation.
Which one of the following is not a microelement for plants?
Which of the following is correct set of micronutrient for plants?
1. Mg, Si Fe, Cu Ca
2. Cu, Fe, Zn, B, Mn
3. Mg, Fe, Zn, B, Mn
4. Mo, Zn, Cl, Mg, Ca
The function of leghaemoglobin during biological nitrogen fixation in root nodules of legumes is to
1. convert atmospheric N2 to NH3
2. convert ammonia to nitrite
3. transport oxygen for activity of nitrogenase
4. protect nitrogenase from oxygen.
1. cultivation of plants in water
2. growth of plants towards water
3. growth of plants away from water
4. soilless cultivation of plants
The function of leghaemoglobin is
1. to provide oxygen to leg muscles of nitrogen-fixing
2. to protect oxygen-sensitive enzymes of nitrogen fixing bacteria in the root nodules of
3. to walk to the sites where oxygen is required
4. to function when haemoglobin is not available.
Sulphur is an important nutrient for optimum growth and productivity in:
1. pulse crops
3. fibre crops
4. oilseed crops