During menstrual cycle, levels of LH and estrogen are highest around
(1) 14th day
(2) 21st day
(3) 7th day
(4) 28th day
Hormones for the menstrual cycle are produced by
(1) ovaries only
(2) uterus only
(3) ovaries only
(4) ovaries and anterior pitutory
Select the correct explanation for the labels A, B, C and D.
(1) A represents the fertilized zygote.
(2) B represents the stage of morula formation.
(3) C represents the blastocyst.
(4) D represents the blastocyst implantation.
Which of the following statements is correct regarding menstrual cycle?
(1) LH induces rupturing of Graafian follicle.
(2) Proliferative phase is characterised by the increased production of progesterone.
(3) Corpus luteum secretes large amount of estrogen.
(4) Both LH and FSH attain a peak level in secretory phase.
Refer to the given figure and choose the correct option regarding its parts labelled as A-F.
(a) B-Graafian follicle, F-Corpus luteum
(b) C-Graafian follicle, A-Ovum
(c) B-Primary follicle, C-Tertiary follicle showing antrum
(d) E-Corpus callosum, D-Antrum cavity
During pregnancy, which of the following is secreted through the urine of mother ?
(2) Luteinising hormone
(4) Human chorionic gonadotropic hormone
The fluid which is rich in calcium fibrinolysin and acid phosphatase and contributes about 30% of the total volume of semen, is released by
(1) Cowper's glands
(2) prostate gland
(3) seminal vesicles
Correct hormonal sequence in the case of menstruation as
(1) oestrogen, FSH, progesterone
(2) Oestrogen, progesterone, FSH
(3) FSH, progesterone, oestrogen
(4) FSH, oestrogen, progesterone
Atretic follicles are found in the
(1) fallopian tubes
(3) labia majora
Which of the following induces parturition?