Which of the following statements is incorrect about G0 phase.
(1) Mitosis occurs after G0 phase.
(2) Biocatalysts can be used to exit G0 phase.
(3) Cell volume keeps on increasing during this phase.
(4) Cell metabolism occurs continuously in G0 phase.
Beads on string like structures of A are seen in B, which further condense to form chromosomes in C stage of cell division.
A B C
(1) Chromonema Chromatin Metaphase
(2) Chromatin Chromatid Metaphase
(3) Chromonema Chromosome Anaphase
(4) Chromonema Chromatid Anaphase.
Which is the longest phase of the cell cycle?
The checkpoint in cell cycle plays important role in
(1) repairing DNA damage
(2) apoptosis initiation
(3) assessing DNA damage
(4) none of these.
Identify the correct matched pair.
(1) Segregation-Metaphase ll
(2) Significance of meiosis-production of genetically similar cells
(3) Exchange of genetic material- DIakinesis
(4) Anaphase ll of meiosis-Centromeric division
The mandatory combination responsible for assembly of microtubules are
The exchange of segments of non-sister chromatids between chromosomes of a homologous pair termed as
(3) crossing over
(4) chromosomal aberration
Calcium dependent Kinases can control
(1) cell cycle activities
(2) DNA replication
(3) Cell surface receptors
(4) membrane structure
What is the correct sequence of the steps given here ? Also work out the process depicted in the steps.
(i) Homologous chromosomes move toward opposite poles of the cell; chromatids do not separate
(ii) Chromosomes gather together at the two poles of the cell and the nucleare membranes reform
(iii) Homologous chromosomes pair and exchange segments
(iv) Homologous chromosomes align on a central plate
(v) The haploid cells separate completely
(1) The correct sequence is and the process is meiosis-I
(2) The correct sequence is and the process is mitosis
(3) The correct sequence is and the process is meiosis-I
(4) the correct sequence is and the process is mitosis
During meiosis, the sister chromatids separate during:
(1) Anaphase II
(2) Anaphase I
(3) The S phase