Somaclonal variation appears in
(1) organisms produced through somatic hybridization
(2) plants growing in highly polluted conditions
(3) apomictic plants
(4) tissue culture raised plants.
In the following table identify the correct matching of the crop, its disease and the corresponding pathogen.
Somaclonal variation is seen in
(1) tissue culture grown plants
(4) vegetatively propagated plants
Which of the following is a correct match between crop, variety and resistance to diseases ?
Apiculture is associated with which of the following groups of plants ?
(1) Grapes, maize, potato
(2) Sugarcane, paddy, banana
(3) Guava, sunflower, strawberry
(4) Pineapple, sugarcane, strawberry
Pebrine in silkworms is caused by:-
Which of the following is not true for inbreeding?
(1) It causes inbreeding depression after a few generations.
(2) It always increases the productivity.
(3) It is used to produce a pure line.
(4) It leads to homozygosity.
The phenomenon that operates in the formation of root or shoot in a callus culture is
Match Column - 1 with Column - II and select the correct option from given codes.
Column I Column - II
A. Brassica (i) Himgiri
B. Okra (ii) Pusa Komal
C. Wheat (iii) Pusa Gaurav
D. Cowpea (iv) Pusa Sawani
(1) A- (iii), B- (iV), C- (i), D- (ii)
(2) A- (i), B- (iii), C- (ii), D- (iv)
(3) A- (iv), B- (iii), C- (i), D- (ii)
(4) A- (ii), B- (iv), C- (i), D- (iii)
The number of chromosomes present in the cells of the bread wheat, Triticum aestivum suggests that it is