An example of gene therapy is
(1) production of injectable hepatitis B vaccine
(2) production of vaccines in food crops like potatoes which can be eaten
(3) introduction of gene for adenosine deaminase in persons suffering from Severe Combined Immuno-deficiency (SCID)
(4) production of test tube babies by artificial insemination and implantation of fertilized eggs.
Which onc of the following is a correct statement?
(a) "B" in "Bt-cotton" indicates that it is a genetically modified organism produced through biotechnology
(b) Somatic hybridization involves fusion of two complete plant cells carrying desired genes.
(c) The anticoagulant hirudin is being produced from transgenic Brassica napus seeds.
(d) "Flavr Savr" variety of tomato has enhan the production of ethylene which improves its taste.
In transgenics, expression of transgene in target tissue is determined by
Eugenics is the branch concerned with
(1) improving the quality of human race by symptomatic treatment of genetic diseases.
(2) improving the quality of human populations by the application of genetic principles.
(3) improving the quality of human race by providing best suitable environment.
(4) none of the above.
First clinical gene therapy was given in 1992 to a 4 years old girl for
(1) adenine deficiency
(2) growth deficiency
(3) adenosine deaminase deficiency
(4) adenosine deficiency
Which one of the following options is a correct match of phenomenon and its explanation?
(1) Reverse Transacription PCR - Many copies of a DNA sequence.
(2) Central dogma - RNA → DNA → Protein → RNA.
(3) RNA silencing - Use of ds-RNA to stop the expression of ss-RNA.
(4) Transcription - Process of formation of RNA & proteins.
Which of following cartoon characters does not share its name with that of a gene?
RNA interference is essential for the
(1) cell proliferation
(2) cell defence
(3) cell differentiation
Genetically modified (GM) crops can be produced by
(1) recombinant DNA technology
(2) somatic hybridization
(3) cross breeding
Which of the following genes do not occur naturally in living organisms?
(1) Bt genes
(2) RNAi genes
(3) Cry genes
(4) Endogeneous cytoplasmic defense genes