The plant part which consists of two generations, one within the other, is
1. germinated pollen grain
3. unfertilized ovule
In Ulothrix meiosis takes place in
(1) cells of the filament
Mossess and ferns are found in moist and shady places because both
(1) require presence of water for fertilization
(2) do not need sunlight for photosynthesis
(3) depend for their nutrition on microorganisms which can survive only at low temperature
(4) cannot compete with sun-loving plants
"Ordines Anomali" of Bentham and Hooker includes
(1) seed plants showing abnormal forms of growth and devlopment
(2) plants described only in fossil state
(3) plants described in the literature but which Bentham and Hooker did not see in original
(4) a few order which could not be placed satisfaction in the classification.
Ectophloic Siphonostele is found in
(1) Osmunda and Equisetum
(2) Marsilea and Botrychium
(3) Adiantum and Cucurbitaceae
(4) Dicksonia and Maidenhair fern
Chlorenchyma is known to develop in the
(1) cytoplasm of Chlorella
(2) mycelium of a green mould such as Aspergillus
(3) spore capsule of a moss
(4) pollen tube of Pinus
Which of the following statements about Spirogyra is correct?
(1) Lateral conjugation takes place in homothallic species.
(2) Scalariform conjugation takes place in homothallic species.
(3) Lateral conjugation takes place in heterothallic species.
(4) The type of conjugation is unrelated to homothallic and heterothallic species.
Gametophyte and sporophyte are independent of each other in which of the following groups?
Which statement is correct regarding mosses?
(1) They have dominant and independent sporophyte.
(2) Their antherozoids require water for fertilization.
(3) Their archegonia produce many eggs.
(4) Their antherozoids are multiflagellated.
Occurrence of triploid (3n) primary endosperm nucleus is a characteristic feature of