Hill reaction occurs in:
(1) high altitude plants
(2) total darkness
(3) absence of water
(4) presence of ferricyanide
Which one of the following categories of organisms do not evolve oxygen during photosynthesis?
(1) Red algae
(2) Photosynthetic bacteria
(3) C4 plants with Kranz anatomy
(4) Blue green algae
Which of the following is the characteristic of PS-I?
(1) It is activate only upto 680 nm of light.
(2) The reaction centre of PS-I is P680 .
(3) PS-I is reduced by the electrons released in photolysis of water.
(4) PS-I is involved in non-cyclic photophosphorylation.
Cyclic photophosphorylation invloves
(1) PS I
(2) PS II
(3) PS I and PS II
The first stable product of Calvin cycle is
(2) 1, 3 biphosphoglycerate
(3) glyceraldehyde - 3 phosphate
(4) ribulose - 5- phosphate
PS-II occurs only in
(2) granal thylakoids
(3) stromal lamella
Which of the following statements is correct?
(1) Photorespiration is useful process.
(2) C4 plants are more efficient than C3 plants.
(3) C4 plants are less efficient than C3 plants.
(4) Photorespiration is absent in C3 plants but present in C4 plants.
Photorespiration shows formation of
(1) sugar but not ATP
(2) ATP but not sugar
(3) both ATP and sugar
(4) neither ATP nor sugar.
Kranz anatomy is usually associated with
(1) C3 plants
(2) C4 plants
(3) CAM plants
(4) C3-C4 intermediate plants.
C4 plants have better productivity because
(1) C4 plants absorb more light
(2) C4 plants absorb more CO2
(3) C4 plants does not carry photorespiration
(4) C4 plants have more amount of RuBisCO.