What is true about tRNA?
(1) It binds with an amino acid at it 3’ end
(2) It has five double stranded regions
(3) It has a codon at one end which recognizes the anticodon on messenger RNA
(4) It looks like clover leaf in the three dimensional structure.
Which one of the following correctly represents the manner of replication of DNA?
Which one of the following codons codes for the same information as UGC?
The total number of nitrogenous bases in human genome is estimated to be about
(1) 3.5 million
(2) 35 thousand
(3) 35 million
(4) 3.1 billion
What is the first step in the Southern Blot technique?
(1) Denaturation of DNA on the gel for hybridization with specific probe
(2) Production of a group of genetically identical cells
(3) Digestion of DNA by restriction enzyme
(4) Isolation of DNA from a nucleated cell such as the one from the scene of crime
Given below is a representation of a kind of chromosomal mutation. What is the kind of mutation represented?
(4) Reciprocal translocation
Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched with regard to the codon and the amino acid coded by it?
(1) UUA - valine
(2) AAA - lysine
(3) AUG - cysteine
(4) CCC - alanine
During portein synthesis in an organism at one point the process comes to a halt. Select the group of the three codons from the following, from which any one of the three colud bring about this halt.
(1) UUU, UCC, UAU
(2) UUC, UUA, UAC
(3) UAG, UGA, UAA
(4) UUG, UCA, UCG
What is incorrect about the following figure representing DNA replication?
(1) The direction of DNA replication in strand (i).
(2) The direction of DNA replication in strand (ii).
(3) Discontinuous replication of strand (i)
(4) Discontinuous replication of strand (ii).
The binding site of tRNA with mRNA & amino acids respectively are
(1) mRNA with DHU loop and amino acid with CCA end.
(2) mRNA with CCA end and amino acid with anticodon loop.
(3) mRNA with anticodon loop and amino acid with DHU loop.
(4) mRNA with anticodon loop and amino acid with CCA end.