If turgor pressure becomes equal to the wall pressure, then
1. water leaves the cell
2. water enters the cell
3. no exchange of water takes place
4. solute goes from the cell into water.
Which of the following helps in ascent of sap?
(1) Root pressure
(4) All of these
What do A, B, C and D represent in the following figure?
(1) A : carrier protein, B : symport, C : uniport, D : antiport
(2) A : carrier protein, B : uniport, C : antiport, D : symport
(3) A : carrier protein, B : antiport, C : symport, D : uniport
(4) A : carrier protein, B : uniport, C : symport, D : antiport
What is correct about the movement of substance across the membrane in facilitated diffusion?
(1) It is an active transport.
(2) It cause transport of molecules from low concentration to high concentration.
(3) It is insensitive to inhibitors.
(4) It is a very specific transport.
The water logging capacity of garden soil will be determined by measuring the weight of
(1) soil by adding water and humus
(2) water saturated soil then heating the soil till it is dry and then measuring the weight of soil
(3) soil by adding water, boimass and humus
(4) soil from different locations with biomass.
The modified equation for water potential is
The value of osmotic potential of an electrolyte is always
(1) more than non-electrolyte
(2) less than non-electrolyte
(3) same as non-electrolyte
(4) None of these
Identify the process taking place in this experiment.
(1) Ringing experiment for translocation of sap
(2) Demonstration of root pressure
(3) Eosin test to demonstrate ascent of sap
(4) Demonstration of transpiration
Osmosis is a type of
(1) imbibition of solution
(2) diffusion of solvent
(3) evaporation of water
(4) diffusion of solute
Which of the following statement is correct?
(1) DPD = OP - WP
(2) DPD = OP + WP
(3) DPD = WP - OP
(4) DPD= TP + OP