Who discovered photophosphorylation?
(1) Arnon et. al.
(2) Von Mayer
(3) Clavin et.al.
Photosynthetic bacteria do not contain
(2) PS-I and PS-II
The photorespiratory carbon-oxidation cycle involves the interaction of
(d) all of these.
Photorespiration in C3 plants starts from:
Hill reaction occurs in:
(1) high altitude plants
(2) total darkness
(3) absence of water
(4) presence of ferricyanide
Which of the following is the characteristic of PS-I?
(1) It is activate only upto 680 nm of light.
(2) The reaction centre of PS-I is P680 .
(3) PS-I is reduced by the electrons released in photolysis of water.
(4) PS-I is involved in non-cyclic photophosphorylation.
Cyclic photophosphorylation invloves
(1) PS I
(2) PS II
(3) PS I and PS II
The first stable product of Clavin cycle is
(2) 1, 3 biphosphoglycerate
(3) glyceraldehyde - 3 phosphate
(4) ribulose - 5- phosphate
PS-II occurs only in
(2) granal thylakoids
(3) stromal lamella
Which of the following statements is correct?
(1) Photorespiration is useful process.
(2) C4 plants are more efficient than C3 plants.
(3) C4 plants are less efficient than C3 plants.
(4) Photorespiration is absent in C3 plants but present in C4 plants.