Velamen is a specialized tissue found in
(1) aerial roots of orchids
(2) succulent leaves
(4) stilt roots
Coconut's husk fibre, coir of commerce is extracted from
4. all of these
When the filament runs throughout the length of anther, it is called
(2) dorsi fixed
Which of the following is the largest root parasite?
The family containing mustard and its main characters are
(1) Brassicaceae - Tetramerous flowers, six stamens, bicarpellary gynoecium, siliqua type fruit.
(2) Brassicaceae - Pentamerous flowers, many stamens, pentacarpellary gynoecium, capsule type fruit
(3) Solanaceae - Pentamerous flowers, five stamens, bicarpellary gynoecium, berry type fruit
(4) Poaceae - Trimerous flowers, three stemens, monocarpellary gynoecium, caryopsis type of fruit
Velamen present in orchids helps in
(1) absorption of nutrients from host plant
(3) absorption of moisture from air
(4) synthesising food
Which among the following is a rootless plant?
Composite fruit develops from
(1) single ovary
(3) apocaropous ovary
Cocoa is the plant from which chocolate is made. Which part is used to extract it?
The cells of the quiescent centre are characterised by
(1) having dense cytoplasm and prominent nuclei
(2) having light cytoplasm and small nuclei
(3) dividing regularly to add to the corpus
(4) dividing regularly to add to tunica