Golgi body is associated with
1. packaging and storage of material
2. cell wall formation
3. transport of enzyme
4. all of the above
Which of the following cytoskelelal components of an eukaryotic cell play a major role in
3. Intermediate filaments
4. None of these
Free radicals in our body have been implicated in
2. certain degenerative disorders
4. all the above
Which is not true for prokaryotic cells ?
1. They are smaller than eukaryotic cells.
2. They lack membrane-bound organelles.
3. Their genetic material is localised within nucleoid.
4. They contain a well developed cytoskeleton.
If there were present no subcellular organelles in a eukaroytic cell, the rate of
3. not change
4. increase dramatically.
Extranuclear genes occurs in
1. plastids and are not inherited
2. plasmid and are not inherited
3. mitochondria and are inherited by female
4. mitochondria and are inherited by male.
Some Gram -ve bacteria have peptidoglycan and an extra layer of
2. teichoic acid
4. both 2. and 3.
A chromosome carrying the centromere at one of the ends is called
Plasmodesmata connections help in
1. cytoplasmic streaming
2. synchronous mitotic divisions
3. locomotion of unicellular organism
4. movement of substances between cells.
DNA is present in
1. chromosomes and dictyosomes
2. chloroplasts and lysomes
3. mitochondria and chloroplasts
4. mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum