Oil is the prefer energy storing molecule in seeds of several plants, while excess energy in other parts of the plant is stored as starch. This is related to
(1) the requirement of concentrated form of energy in seeds in order to make them light in weight and facilitate their dispersal.
(2) dependence of the seeds totally on the stored fat for germination
(3) protective role of the oil against insect pests
(4) the antioxidant role of the soils
The quiescent centre of growing angiospermic roots of comprises of
1. slow dividing cells
2. fast dividing cells
3. non-dividing cells
4. dead cells.
Which of these is a true nut?
(2) Areca nut
(3) Cashew nut
(4) Ground nut
A dicot plant lacking cotyledons is
(4) none of these
Lady finger belongs to the family
In mangrove vegetation, plants possess
(2) stilt root
(4) haustorial roots
In the diagram of types of placentation given above 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' respectively represent
(1) basal, axile, parietal and free central
(2) free central, parietal, basal and axile
(3) axile, basal, parietal and free central
(4) parietal, axile, free central and basal
Which of the following has synandrous condition
Following is not true of monocots
(1) most of the food of the seed is stored in endosperm
(2) have parallel veins in their leaves
(3) flower parts occur in fours
(4) flower parts occur in threes
Which floral family has (9) + 1 arrangement of anthers in the androecium?
(4) Caesal pinaceae