Which of the following statements regarding mitochondrial membrane is not correct?
1. The outer membrane is permeable to all kinds of molecules
2. The enzymes of the electron transfer chain are embedded in the outer membrane
3. The inner membrane is highly convoluted forming a series of infoldings
4. The outer membrane resembles a sieve
Which of the following statements regarding cilia is not correct ?
1. The organized beating of cilia is controlled by fluxes of Ca2+ across the membrane
2. Cilia are hair-like cellular appendages
3. Microtubules of cilia are composed of tubulin
4. Cilia contain an outer ring of nine doublet microtubules surrounding two single
The organelle common among prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell is
Which one of the following phenomena is commonly referred as 'cell drinking?
If a chloroplast of plant is isolated and studied in a test tube the investigation is described
1. in vivo
2. in vitro
3. in situ
4. none of these.
An organelle present in plant cells but absent from those of animals is
4. Both 1. and 3.
Primary cell wall consists of a loose network of cellulose microfibrils impregnated with a
1. glycoprotein and flavoprotein
2. hemicellulose and flavoprotein
3. hemicellulose and pectin
4. flavoprotein and pectin.
Which of the following is not a true subcellular organelle ?
Golgi body is associated with
1. packaging and storage of material
2. cell wall formation
3. transport of enzyme
4. all of the above
Which of the following cytoskelelal components of an eukaryotic cell play a major role in
3. Intermediate filaments
4. None of these