All enzymes of TCA cycle are located in the mitochondrial matrix except one which is
located in inner mitochondrial membranes in eukaryotes and in cytosol in prokaryotes.
This enzyme is
1. lactate dehydrogenase
2. isocitrate dehydrogenase
3. malate dehydrogenase
4. succinate dehydrogenase
The overall goal of glycolysis, Krebs cycle and the electron transport system is the
1. ATP in small stepwise units
2. ATP in one large oxidation reaction
4. Nucleic acids
How many ATP molecules could maximally be generated from one molecule of glucose, if
the complete oxidation of one mole of glucose to CO2 and H2O yields 686 kcal and the
useful chemical energy available in the high energy phosphate bond of one mole of ATP is
3. Fifty seven
The TCA cycle is considered as an aerobic pathway because
1. all enzymes of the cycle use molecular oxygen
2. some enzymes of the cycle require molecular oxygen
3. molecular oxygen is essential to reoxidise the coenzymes reduced during operation of
4. in absence of oxygen, the enzymes of TCA cycle are denatured.
In Krebs' cycle GTP is formed in
1. substrate level phosphorylation
2. oxidative phosphorylation
3. non-cyclic photophosphorylation
4. cyclic photophosphorylation
In respiration from 180g of glucose which of the following is formed?
1. 264gm CO2+190gm H2O+391 Kcal
2. 264gm CO2+108gm H2O+686 Kcal
3. 390gm CO2+108gm H2O+686 Kcal
4. 390gm CO2+ 264gm H2O+391 Kcal
Glycolysis is found in cytoplasm of virtually all types of aerobic/anaerobic cells. In this
process, glucose is converted into :
2. acetyl CoA
3. pyruvic acid
4. citric acid.
Which of the following is the connecting link between glycolysis and Krebs cycle?
(1) Acetyl Co-A
(2) Oxalosuccinic acid
(3) Pyruvic acid
(4) Citric acid
The enzyme decarboxylase catalyses the following step
(1) conversion of citric acid to cis aconitic acid
(2) fumaric acid to malic acid
(3) oxalosuccinic acid to o-ketoglutaric acid
(4) malic acid to oxaloacetic acid.
Which of the following is true regarding the given electron transport chain?