Which one of the following is not a micronutrient?
The free-living, anaerobic nitrogen-fixer is
The common nitrogen-fixer in paddy fields is
Which of the following is a symbiotic nitrogen fixer?
About 98 percent of the mass of every living organism is composed of just six elements
including carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and:
1. phosphorus and sulphur
2. sulphur and magnesium
3. magnesium and sodium
4. calcium and phosphorus
Which one of the following elements is not an essential micronutrient for plant growth?
A plant requires magnesium for
1. holding cells together
2. protein synthesis
3. chlorophyll synthesis
4. cell wall development
Farmers in a particular region were concerned that pre-mature yellowing of leaves of a pulse crop might cause a decrease in the yield. Which treatment could be most beneficial to obtain maximum seed yield?
1. Frequent irrigation of the crop
2. Treatment of the plants with cytokinins along with a small dose of nitrogenous fertilizer
3. Removal of all yellow leaves and spraying the remaining green leaves with 2, 4, 5 trichloro phenoxy acetic acid
4. Application of iron and magnesium to promote the synthesis of chlorophyll
Sulphur is an important nutrient for optimum growth and productivity in:
1. pulse crops
3. fibre crops
4. oilseed crops
The function of leghaemoglobin is
1. to provide oxygen to leg muscles of nitrogen-fixing
2. to protect oxygen-sensitive enzymes of nitrogen fixing bacteria in the root nodules of
3. to walk to the sites where oxygen is required
4. to function when haemoglobin is not available.