What is true about ribosomes?
1. The prokaryotic ribosomes are 80 S, where S stands for sedimentation coefficient
2. These are composed of ribonucleic acid and proteins
3. These are found only in eukaryotic cells
4. These are self-splicing introns of some RNAs
Select the correct statement from the following regarding cell membrane.
1. Na+ and K ions move across cell membrane by passive transport
2. Proteins make up 60 to 70% of the cell membrane
3. Lipids are arranged in a bilayer with polar heads towards the inner part
4. Fluid mosaic model of cell membrane was proposed by Singer and Nicolson
Important site for formation of glycoproteins and glycolipids is
1. Golgi apparatus
Which one of the following also act as a ribozyme in a bacterial cell?
2. hn RNA
3. 23 S rRNA
4. 5 S rRNA
In eubacteria, a cellular component that resembles eukaryotic cells is
3. cell wall
4. plasma membrane
Peptide synthesis inside a cell takes place in
Which one of the following structures between two adjacent cells is an effective transport
Which one of the following has its own DNA?
The main arena of various types of activities of a cell is
1. plasma membrane
The plasma membrane consists mainly of
1. phospholipids embedded in a protein bilayer
2. proteins embedded in a phospholipid bilayer
3. proteins embedded in a polymer of glucose molecules
4. proteins embedded in a carbohydrate bilayer