A human female with turner's syndrome
(1) has 45 chromosomes with XO
(2) has one additional X-chromosome
(3) exhibits male characters
(4) is able to produce children with normal husband
Which of the following statements is not true of two genes that show 50% recombination frequency?
(1) the genes may be on different chromosomes
(2) the genes are tightly linked
(3) the genes show independent assortment
(4) If the genes are present on the same chromosome, they undergo more than one crossovers in every meiosis
If two persons 'AB' blood group marry and have sufficiently large number of children, these children could be classified as 'A' blood group : 'AB' blood group : 'B' blood group in 1 : 2 : 1 ratio. Modern technique of protein electrophoresis reveals presence of both 'A' and 'B' type proteins in 'AB' blood group individuals. This is an example of
(2) incomplete dominance
(3) partial dominance
(4) complete dominance
Which Mendelian idea is depicted by a cross in which the F1 generation resembles both the parents?
(1) Incomplete dominance
(2) Law of dominance
(3) Inheritance of one gene
The incorrect statement with regard to haemophilia is
(1) it is a sex-linked disease
(2) it is a recessive disease
(3) it is a dominant disease
(4) a single protein involved in the clotting of blood effected
A normal-visioned man whose father was colourblind, marries a woman whose father was also a colourblind. They have their first child as a daughter. What are the chances that this child would be colourblind?
F2 generation in a Mendelian cross showed that both genotypic and phenotypic ratios are same as 1:2:1. It represents a case of
(2) dihybrid cross
(3) monohybrid cross with complete
(4) monohybird cross the incomplete dominance
Which one of the following conditions correctly describes the manner of determining the sex in the given example?
(1) XO type of sex chromosomes determine male sex in grasshopper
(2) XO condition in humans as found in Turner syndromee, determines female sex
(3) Homozygous sex chromosomes (XX) produce male in Drosophila
(4) Homozygous sex chromosomes (ZZ) determine female sex in birds
Mutations can be induced with
(3) gama radiations
(4) infra red radiations
Which one of the following cannot be explained on the basis of Mendel's Law of Dominance?
(1) The discrete unit controlling a particular character is called a factor
(2) Out of one pair of factors one is dominant, and the other is recessive
(3) Alleles do not show any blendings and both the characters recover as such in F2 generation.
(4) Factors occur in pairs