Dr. F Went noted that if coleoptile tips were removed and placed on agar for one hour, the agar would produce a bending when placed on one side of freshly cut coleoptile stumps. Of what significance is this experiment?
1. It made possible the isolation and exact identification of auxin.
2. It is the basis for quantitative determination of small amounts of growth-promoting substances
3. It demonstrated polar movement of auxins
4. It supports the hypothesis that IAA is auxin
A few normal seedlings of tomato were kept in a dark room. After a few days they were found to have become white-coloured like albinos. Which of the following terms will you use to describe them?
Which one of the following growth regulators is known as "stress hormone" ?
(a) abscisic acid
(d) lndole acetic acid
During seed germination its stored food is mobilised by.
Which one of the following is correctly matched?
1. Passive transport of nutrients - ATP
2. Apoplast - Plasmodesmata
3. Potassium - Readily mobilization
4. Bakane of rice seedlings - F Skoog
Phototropic curvature is the result of uneven distribution of.
Photoperiodism was first characterised in :-
(a) tobacco (b) potato
(c) tomato (d) cotton
Coiling of garden pea tendrils around any support is an example of
One of the synthetic auxin is
Which one of the following acids is a derivative of carotenoids?
(a) Indole-butyric acid
(b) Indole-3-acetic acid
(c) Gibberellic acid
(d) Abscisic acid