During which phase(s) of cell cycle, amount of DNA in a cell remains at 4C level if the
inital amount is denoted as 2C?
1. G0 and G1
2. G1 and S
3. Only G2
4. G2 and M
In S-phase of the cell cycle
1. amount of DNA doubles in each cell
2. amount of DNA remains same in each cell
3. chromosome number is increased
4. amount of DNA is reduced to half in each cell
The complex formed by a pair of synapsed homologous chromosomes is called
1. equatorial plate
A stage in cell division is shown in the figure. Select the answer which gives correct
identification of the stage with its characteristics.
1. Telophase - Nuclear envelope reforms, Golgi complex reforms
2. Late anaphase - Chromosomes move away from equatorial plate, Golgi complex not
3. Cytokinesis - Cell plate formed, mitochondria distributed between two daughter cells
4. Telophase - Endoplasmic reticulum and nucleolus not reformed yet
During gamete formation, the enzyme recombinase participates during
Given below is the representation of a certain event at a particular stage of a type of cell division. Which is this stage?
1. Prophase-I during meiosis
2. Prophase-II during meiosis
3. Prophase of mitosis
4. Both prophase and metaphase of mitosis
Select the correct option with respect to mitosis.
1. Chromatids start moving towards opposite poles in telophase
2. Golgi complex and endoplasmic reticulum are still visible at the end of prophase
3. Chromosomes move to the spindle equator and get aligned along equatorial plate in metaphase
4. Chromatids separate but remains in the centre of the cell in anaphase
Given below is a schematic break-up of the phases/stages of the cell cycle
Which one of the following is the correct indication of the stage/phase in the cell cycle?
3. D-Synthesis phase
The drug colchicines, used to obtain polyploidy cells, acts on the cytoskeletal structures of
the plant cells called
2. actin filaments
3. intermediate filaments
4. all of the above.
Astral rays arise from