Identify the correct order of organisation of genetic material from largest to smallest.
(1) Chromosome, gene, genome, nucleotide
(2) Genome, chromosome, nucleotide, gene
(3) Genome, chromosome, gene, nucleotide
(4) Chromosome, genome, nucleotide, gene
(3) The correct order of organnisation of genetic material from largest to smallest is as follow:
Genome, chromosome, gene, nucleotide.
Genome It is the total genetic material of an individual.
Chromosome It is a packed and organized structure containing most of the DNA of a living organism.
Gene It is a segment of DNA that encodes for a protein.
Nucleotide It is one of the structural components, or building blocks, of DNA and RNA.