A plant in your garden avoids photorespiratory losses, has improved water use efficiency, shows high rates of photosynthesis at high temperatures and has improved efficiency of nitrogen utilization. In which of the following physiological groups would you assign this plant?
Emerson's enhancement effect and red drop have been instrumental in the discovery of
(1) two photosystems operating simultaneously
(2) photophosphorylation and cyclic electron transport.
(3) Oxidative phosphorylation
(4) photophosphorylation and non-cyclic electron transport
In a chloroplast the highest number of protons are found in
(1) lumen of thylakoids
(2) inter membrane space
(3) antenna complex
The oxygen evolved during photosynthesis comes from water molecules. Which one of the following pairs of elements involved in this reaction?
1. Manganese and chlorine
2. Manganese and potassium
3. Manganese and molybdenum
4. Magnesium and chlorine
In photosynthesis, the light-independent reactions take place at
(a) thylakoid lumen
(b) photosystem l
(c) photosystem ll
(d) stromal matrix
The structures that are formed by stacking of organised flattened membranous sacs in the chloroplasts are
(c) stroma lamellae
Anoxygenic photosynthesis is characteristic of
The correct sequence of cell organelles during photorespiration is
(1) chloroplast-Golgi bodies-mitochondria
(2) chloroplast-rough endoplasmic reticulum-dictyosomes
PGA as the frist CO2 fixation was discovered in photosynthesis of
C4 -plants are more efficient in photosynthesis than C3 -plants due to
1. higher leaf area
2. presence of larger number of chloroplasts in the leaf cells.
3. presence of thin cuticle
4. lower rate of photorespiration