Which is essential for the growth of root tip?
In which of the following, all three are macronutrients?
(1) Iron, copper, molybdenum
(2) Molybdenum, magnesium, manganese
(3) Nitrogen, magnesium, phosphorus
(4) Boron, zinc, manganese
The oxygen evolved during photosynthesis comes from water molecules. Which one of the following pairs of elements involved in this reaction?
1. Manganese and chlorine
2. Manganese and potassium
3. Manganese and molybdenum
4. Magnesium and chlorine
Minerals known to be required in large amounts for plant growth include
1. Phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, calcium
2. calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper
3. potassium, phosphorus, selenium, boron
4. magnesium, sulphur, iron, zinc
Deficiency symptoms of nitrogen and potassium are visible first in
1. senescent leaves
2. young leaves
The most abundant intracellular cation is
The first stable product of fixation of atmospheric nitrogen in leguminous plants is
Best defined function of manganese in green plants is
1. photolysis of water
2. Calvin cycle
3. nitrogen fixation
4. water absorption
Which one of the following is the wrong statement?
1. Anabaena and Nostoc are capable of fixing nitrogen in a free-living state also
2. Root nodule-forming nitrogen fixers live as aerobes under free-living conditions
3. Phosphorus is a constituent of cell membranes, certain nucleic acids, and all proteins
4. Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter are chemoautotrophs
A nitrogen fixing microbe associated with Azolla in rice fields is