Select the wrong statement.
(1) Bacterial cell wall is made up of peptidoglycan
(2) Pili and fimbriae are mainly involved in motility of bacterial cells
(3) Cyanobacteria lack flagellated cells
(4) Mycoplasma is a wall-less microorganism
A cell organelle containing hydrolytic enzyme is
Microtubules are the constituents of
(1) spindle fibres, centrioles and cilia
(2) centrioles, spindle fibres and chromatin
(3) centrosome, nucleosome and centrioles
(4) cilia, flagella and peroxisomes
Mitochondria and chloroplast are
II. formed by division of pre-existing organelles and they contain DNA but lack protein synthesizing machinery.
Which one of the following options is correct?
(1) Il is true but I is false
(2) I is true but ll is false
(3) Both I and I are false
(4) Both I and II are correct
A complex of ribosomes attached to a single strand of RNA is known as
(3) okazaki fragment
Which of the following is not a feature of the plasmids?
(a) Circular structure
(d) Independent replication
Water soluble pigments found in plant cell vacuoles are
Balbiani rings are sites of
1. lipid synthesis
2. nucleotide synthesis
3. polysaccharide synthesis
4. RNA and protein synthesis
Which of the following are not membrane-bound?
A protoplast is a cell
a. without plasma membrane
b. without nucleus
c. undergoing division
d. without cell wall