The association of histone H1 with a nucleosome indicates
(1) transcription is occuring
(2) DNA replication is occuring
(3) the DNA is condensed into chromatin fibre
(4) the DNA double helix is exposed
(3) The association of histone with nucleosome indicates that DNA remains in its condensed form. Concept Enhancer In eukaryotes, DNA packaging is carried out with the help of histone proteins. Nucleosome is the unit of compaction. Its core insists of four pairs of histones The linker DNA, consisting of histone connects two adjacent nucleosomes. They together constitute chromatosome. It gives rise to a chromatin fibre after further condensation.