Identify the wrong statement in context of heartwood.
(1) Organic compounds are deposited in it
(2) it is highly durable
(3) It conducts water and minerals efficiently
(4) It comprises dead elements with highly lignified walls
Which of the following is made up of dead cells?
(1) Xylem parenchyma
The vascular cambium normal gives rise to.
(2) primary phloem
(3) secondary xylem
Cortex is the region found between
(1) Epidermis and stele
(2) Pericycle and endodermis
(3) Endodermis and pith
(4) Endodermis and vascular bundle
The balloon-shaped structures called tyloses
(1) Original in the lumen of vessels
(2) characterise the sapwood
(3) are exetentions of xylem parenchyma cells into vessels
(4) are linked to the ascent of sap through xylem vessels
Specialised epidermal cells surrounding the guard cells are called ?
1. subsidiary cells
2. bulliform cells
4. complementary cells
Vascular bundles in monocotyledons are considered closed because
1. a bundle sheath surrounds each bundle
2. cambium is absent
3. there are no vessels with performations
4. xylem is surrounded all around by phloem
A major characteristic of the monocot root is the presence of
1. open vascuiar bundles
2. scattered vascular bundles
3. vasculature without cambium
4. cambium sandwiched between phloem and xylem along the radius
You are given a fairly old piece of dicot stem and a dicot root. Which of the following
anatomical structures will you use to distinguish between the two?
1. Secondary xylem
2. Secondary phloem
4. Cortical cells
Interfascicular cambium develops from the cells of ?
1. medullary rays
2. xylem parenchyma